About the Workshops
The CBW recognizes the need to gain advanced training in bioinformatics and advance research. Admission to our workshops is very competitive – review committees appointed for each individual workshop determine student selection. Attendance is limited to 30 students per onsite workshop and 40 students per online workshop.
Applications received prior to the early registration closing date will qualify for the early registration fee.
Applications received after the early registration closing date and a week before the workshop start date will only be accepted pending space availability and will be subject to the late registration fee.
The CBW registration award will cover the registration fee for up to two (2) participants for each workshop based on funding availability. Apply on the workshop application form.
The CBW travel awards will cover the travel and accommodation fees for up to two (2) participants for each workshop based on funding availability. Registration fees will be the responsibility of the participant. Apply on the workshop application form.
Award Eligibility Criteria
- Must be a graduate student, post-doctoral fellow or clinical fellow
- Must be attending a Canadian university, college, teaching hospital or not-for profit research institution
- Only one award type may be applied for per year
Workshop Application Process
You cannot save your application form as you go. Please be sure to have the following ready:
- Your CV ready to upload to the application form.
- A reference letter from your supervisor/manager supporting your workshop attendance to upload to the application form.
- You will be asked a series of questions to help us decide if you would benefit from our course material.
Submit your Workshop Application Form.
Applications will be reviewed by an appointed Review Committee. Approval emails will be sent to successful applicants at least 1 month prior to the workshop start date.
You will be given a couple of weeks to confirm your acceptance and pay the registration fee.
Join the growing Bioinformatics.ca Alumni community by subscribing to the Alumni Mailing List.