Dr. Pingzhao Hu in the Department of Biochemistry and the Department of Computer Science at the Western University has a fully funded PhD student position in AI-guided drug discovery (phulab.org/positions). The successful candidate can register in Collaborative Specialization in Machine Learning in Health and Biomedical Sciences (uwo.ca/sci/datascience/graduate/collaborative-specialization-ml-health-biomedical.html) through the Department of Biochemistry.
Dr. Hu holds the position of Tier 2 Canada Research Chair in Computational Approaches to Health Research. With extensive experience in mentoring trainees at various levels, many of Dr. Hu’s mentees have received international and national awards, secured positions in high-tech companies such as Google, Microsoft, and Amazon, and reached the significant milestone of tenure-track assistant professor positions in Canada.
- Hold a BSc or Master’s degree in (Bio)Chemistry, Computational Chemistry/Biology/Physics, Bioinformatics, Pharmacy, or a closely related field,
- Highly motivated, ambitious to achieve research excellence,
- Knowledge of machine learning and deep learning,
- Be familiar with programming (e.g., Python, R, …),
- An understanding of the fundamentals of drug discovery, from docking to ADMET,
- Familiar with molecular modeling and simulation software is a plus.
To apply for the positions, please send a CV, transcripts, related reports/publications written in English to Dr. Pingzhao Hu at firstname.lastname@example.org.