The Canadian Centre of Computational Genomics - McGill University
We are a bioinformatics and computational genomics academic platform that provides case-by-case consulting services for the analysis and organization of large genomic data sets in addition to developing software solutions for the research community.
We are seeking applicants with a strong interest in bioinformatics and specifically candidates who want to work in any of the summer projects (https://computationalgenomics.ca/careers-internships/summer-internships-2024/):
- Bioinformatics Pipeline and Database Development
- Cloud systems development for SD4H
- Development of Data Navigation and Visualisation Tools for the Bento Platform
- McGill CERC Program in Genomic Medicine
- Interactive Dashboard Development for Cancer Analysis Project
To apply, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or hold a valid Canadian study permit.
- Must be an undergraduate or graduate student, returning to their current registered faculty in the 2024 fall semester.
- Availability for full-time commitment for the duration of the internship.
Interns will be paid via stipend/award, bi-weekly payments, fixed hourly rate starting at $17.50, usually for 33.75 hours per week.
Interested students can apply using the form at computationalgenomics.ca/careers-internships and selecting Internship as the type of opportunity.
We encourage applicants to indicate which projects/areas they are most interested in. The deadline to apply is Friday February 23, 2024, at noon (EST).
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org