Degree Level Required:
Bachelor's, Masters, PhD
The Lausanne University Hospital (CHUV) is one of five Swiss university hospitals. Through its collaboration with the Faculty of Biology and Medicine of the University of Lausanne and the EPFL, CHUV plays a leading role in the areas of medical care, medical research and training.
The Biomedical Data Science Center (BDSC), established in 2021 and directed by Pr. Raphael Gottardo, is a new service, teaching and translational research platform within the Lausanne University Hospital and the University of Lausanne. Our aim is to develop and apply computer and statistical methods for analyzing large amounts of genomic, clinical and experimental data to accelerate medical discoveries. Working with us, you will join a dynamic and growing team of scientists, data scientists and engineers; and, you will be part of major national and international scientific collaborations, studying some of the most significant medical problems that we face today (cancer, COVID, HIV, etc.).
- You will support the development of data pipelines and computational tools to study large biomedical datasets
- You will work on software development, primarily related to annotation and analysis of high-throughput biological data using R, C and/or C++
- You will help maintain pipelines and software libraries
- You will also participate in Bioconductor activities involved with user interaction such as: technical support contact through the Bioconductor mailing list, new feature requests and training courses or annual conferences
- You will be an integral part of the development and growth of the new Biomedical Data Science Center.
- You are a confident software developer (with a degree in computer science, bioinformatics, physics, engineering, or related discipline) and you are curious about molecular biology
- You are very familiar with programming languages, such as C and R, with knowledge of statistical concepts and computational methods
- You are experienced with software development best practices (use of version control, unit tests, containers, computer clusters, agile project management, and creation of end-user documentation); an ability to implement reusable, user-directed software is a plus
- You are familiar with managing high-volume data
- You are fluent in English (knowledge of French would be a plus)
- You are a team player that thinks creatively and have good communication skills.
To become an employee of the world-famous University Hospital Center from the Canton of Vaud is an assurance of :
- First degree social benefits and 20-days paternity leave
- Regular salary progression adapted to responsibilities
- 13th salary guaranteed and 25 days of vacation per year
- A right to a minimum of three days of training per year, with access to a wide offer within the CHUV Training Center and through external partners of the State of Vaud
- Possibility to access one of the 500 furnished apartments offered in the surrounding neighborhoods in case of relocation
- Social, cultural and economic benefits offered to members of the H-Oxygène association
- Benefits offered as part of the Mobility Plan (discounts on public transport subscriptions, promotion of “Mobility” vehicles and discounts on the purchase of electric bicycles)
- Corporate restaurants of hotel quality, in the hospital buildings, with preferential rates.