Degree Level Required:
Verve Therapeutics is a biotechnology company created with a singular focus: to protect the world from heart disease. Founded by world-leading experts in cardiovascular medicine, human genetics, and gene-editing, the company aims to develop transformative, once-and-done therapies for coronary heart disease. Verve’s gene-editing medicines are designed to safely edit the genome of adults and mimic naturally occurring gene variants to permanently lower LDL cholesterol and triglyceride levels. The company is advancing a pipeline of precision genetic medicines, led by VERVE-101, which is being developed initially for heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemia, a potentially fatal genetic heart disease. In 2021, Verve was selected as a Top Places to Work by The Boston Globe and Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. Verve is headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Verve Therapeutics is seeking a computational biologist to support the development of CRISPR-based genome editing therapeutics. This is a key role for Verve’s discovery efforts, including the identification of novel therapeutic targets, the improvement of current genome editing technologies, and the development of computational methods to analyze data from cross-functional projects.
- Develop computational methods to facilitate guide screening and optimization of editing strategies.
- Develop computational methods and strategies for protein engineering.
- Collaborate with other scientists in the development of new experimental and computational methods, particularly for mass spectrometry and sequencing of chemically modified oligonucleotides.
- Effective communication of scientific results.
- Ph.D. or M.S. (with 2+ years experience) in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Genomics, or other relevant fields.
- Publication record supporting research experience.
- Proficiency in Python or R is required.
- Experience with AWS, containerization, and workflow management is strongly desired.
- Experience with the analysis of NGS data is required.
- Experience with diverse genome editing technologies is preferred.
- Experience with library generation and screening methodology for protein engineering is strongly desired.
- Familiarity with mass spectrometry is preferred.
Verve Therapeutics is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
You can also email your resume to email@example.com