University of Alberta
Degree Level Required:
Are you passionate about unraveling the secrets of RNA and deciphering their functional structures? Do you have a strong background in bioinformatics and a burning curiosity to explore the dynamic world of RNA molecules? If so, we invite you to embark on an exciting research journey with us!
🔬 About Us:
At the Computational Biology Research and Analytics (COBRA) Lab at the University of Alberta, we are at the forefront of cutting-edge RNA research. In collaboration with Dr. Lara Mahal (Professor of Chemistry and Canada Excellence Research Chair in Glycomics) we are seeking a highly motivated and talented postdoctoral researcher to join our team of passionate scientists. Our mission is to advance our understanding of RNA biology and its implications in various biological processes.
🧬 Position Overview:
– **Position**: Postdoctoral Researcher in RNA Bioinformatics
– **Location**: Edmonton, Alberta
– **Duration**: One year with possibility of extension
– **Start Date**: As soon as possible
Why Join Us?
– Work in a dynamic and collaborative research environment.
– Access cutting-edge technology and resources for your research.
– Opportunities for career development and networking.
– Competitive salary and benefits package ($70,000 per annum).
Join us in unraveling the mysteries of RNA and making a significant impact in the field of molecular biology. Apply today and become an integral part of our innovative research team!
As a Postdoctoral Researcher in RNA Bioinformatics, you will:
– Investigate and analyze RNA sequences to predict and determine functional RNA structures.
– Develop and apply state-of-the-art bioinformatics tools and techniques to elucidate RNA folding dynamics.
– Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of researchers to integrate computational and experimental data.
– Contribute to the development of novel algorithms and methodologies in RNA bioinformatics.
– Publish research findings in high-impact scientific journals.
– Mentor and collaborate with graduate students and research assistants.
– Ph.D. in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, or a related field.
– Strong background in RNA bioinformatics and computational biology.
– Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, R, C/C++ and familiarity with relevant software tools.
– Experience in RNA structure prediction, and machine learning is highly desirable.
– Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
– A strong publication record demonstrating research productivity.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit the following application materials to Dr. Hosna Jabbari, Director of COBRA Lab at firstname.lastname@example.org:
– Cover letter detailing your research interests and career goals.
– Updated CV with a list of publications.
– Contact information for three references.
Application Deadline: Applications will be reviewed as received until the position is filled. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.