Ontario Institute for Cancer Research
- Developing the algorithm for target prioritization scheme by integrating multi-modal genomic and pharmacological data;
- Optimizing the method using benchmark data;
- Identifying prioritized drug target molecules for experimental verification;
- Critically evaluating similar approaches in the field, for algorithm refinement (e.g., through literature search);
- Coordinating with Adaptive Oncology and Drug Discovery team members to communicate results and respond to feedback;
- Summarizing results for presentations at internal and external meetings; and
- Manuscript writing.
- PhD degree in bioinformatics and/or computer science;
- Experience with genomics required;
- Experience with network-based approaches an asset (e.g., label propagation);
- Excellent communication skills; and
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, team-based environment
OICR is a collaborative, not-for-profit research institute accelerating the development of new cancer research discoveries for patients around the world while maximizing the economic benefit of this research for the people of Ontario. We are dedicated professionals who bring expertise to each of our roles. We are looking for individuals who share our values of excellence, innovation, collaboration, impact, responsibility and community.
Launched in December 2005, OICR is an independent institute funded by the Government of Ontario through the Ministry of Colleges and Universities.
For more information about OICR, please visit the website at www.oicr.on.ca.
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
OICR is committed to fostering a climate of equity, diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. This commitment is central to, and mutually supportive of, our research excellence mandate. We welcome and respect the diversity of all members of our community and we support an inclusive culture for all. We welcome all applicants, and encourage applications from racialized persons, Indigenous Peoples, women, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S persons, and others who may contribute to furthering a diversity of ideas within our community. OICR is committed to fair assessment of a candidate’s abilities, and consideration for diversity of thought, method, and experience. Providing an accessible workplace and recruitment process is important to us, as described in our Accessibility Plan (https://oicr.on.ca/accessibility/) Should you require accommodation during any stage in the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com. Information received related to accommodation will be handled confidentially.
The Ontario Institute for Cancer Research thanks all applicants. However, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Resume Format: If you elect to apply, you will need a text or HTML version of your resume so that you can cut and paste it into the application box provided. Before you submit the completed application, you will be asked to attach one or two files to your application. Please attach your resume as a .pdf or .doc file.
Computational Genomics; Computational Biology