5 Prime Sciences
Degree Level Required:
5 Prime Sciences is seeking a Junior Bioinformatician to primarily carry out genetic data analysis and assist in the development of analytic workflows. The successful candidate will work with a team of bioinformaticians and statistical geneticists at 5 Prime Sciences to run and develop workflows that identify novel drug targets and validate them, for our partners in the biotechnology industry.
- Perform data curation of internal and external data resources to identify high-quality genetic datasets for downstream analysis.
- Harmonise genetic datasets obtained from different sources and perform QC on these data.
- Run production-level workflows of various statistical genetics methods using Terra.bio to support target validation.
- Assist with the development of databases and interfaces for rapid retrieval, visualisation and interpretation of analysed genomic data.
- Contribute to documentation of computational pipelines, infrastructure and resources.
- Perform data retrieval and management using Google Cloud Platform, ensuring that data is managed securely and efficiently without loss or corruption.
- Work collaboratively with the Analytics team to draft reports and prepare slides for client presentations.
- Support the development of robust analytical pipelines and perform code review.
- BSc/MSc with significant Bioinformatics experience is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in R (1+ years) is required.
- Demonstrated exposure to human genomic datasets is required (GWAS, WES, WGS, etc.).
- Experience working with large-scale genomic datasets, e.g. UKBiobank, 1000 Genomes etc.
- Experience in running software in a Linux or UNIX-like environment including shell scripting and common command-line tools.
- Working familiarity with cloud computing environments (GCP, AWS, DNANexus, Terra, etc.).
- Knowledge of software development methodology (version control, testing, documentation).
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Please note – we recognize that not all candidates may meet the entire Profile listing above. We’re eager to train the right candidates for this role and encourage those who meet at least two thirds of the criteria to apply.
The applicant will have high-level proficiency in English reading, writing and presentations. French language skills are an asset.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
The applicant must be able to work legally in Canada as a citizen, permanent resident, work permit holder, or be able to apply for a valid work permit.
The applicant must live in, or near the city of Montréal, or relocate for this position.