Information and advice for our participants in response to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19)
The Canadian Bioinformatics Workshops (CBW) team is closely monitoring the ongoing and evolving global Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, and the potential impact for our community around the world. We know the impact of COVID-19 is top of mind as it should be.
Has originally planned, CBW workshops selection and early registration deadline does not take place until after April 14 2020. While we hope conditions will improve as quickly as possible, our goal is to do everything we can to support the health and welfare of our community. On Tuesday April 14th we will announce what we are doing with the 2020 edition of the CBW. Meanwhile, people should apply to the workshops they want to attend. No funds are collected at registration, so registration before April 14 is a good thing, risk-free. We are currently exploring on-line options, which would be offered at a reduced rate.
Community members are encouraged to follow standard guidelines (here are guidelines from the World Health Organization) around staying healthy and preparing for potential travel restrictions and containment as follows:
- Wash your hands frequently
- Maintain social distancing
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth
- Practice respiratory hygiene
- If you have fever, cough, and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early
- Stay informed and follow advice given by your healthcare provider, including local containment recommendations