- Genome Sciences Centre
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Job Type:
- Degree Level Required:
- Apply Now
• Designs, plans, and implements computer modeling of research data
• Works with other project team members to develop and test code, and implements software
• Develops graphical user interfaces
• Prepares programming documentation in accordance with prescribed standards
• Conducts literature reviews, and provides input and recommendations to the Principal Investigator or the Group Leader regarding new computer applications or statistical techniques
• Participates in the lab meetings, and presents work for review by others
• May provide day-to-day work direction to others
• Provides contributions to the preparation and/or presentation of research papers
The successful applicant will work with trainees, staff members, and research scientists in a dynamic team environment to primarily develop and apply data analysis algorithms and protocols to process sequencing data.
Our analysis technologies are built for the de novo assembly of genome (DNA) and transcriptome (RNA) using sequencing data. The tools are written in C++ and Python, and as such, proficiency in both these languages is required. Hands-on experience with big data is desired. Applicants with background in biology and computer science, particularly applied knowledge of parallel computation, graph theory, machine learning, and database technologies, and a willingness to apply these skills to next-generation DNA/RNA sequence data analysis will be considered preferentially.
The position requires a graduate degree in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field. Having multiple majors across these fields and/or having an advanced degree will be considered an asset. Five (5) years of recent related experience in a research laboratory setting is preferable.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please email your resume with cover letter.