UI/UX Web Designer
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Job Type:
- Degree Level Required:
- Apply Now
UI/UX Web Designer
Position: UI/UX Web Designer
Site: MaRS Centre, Toronto
Department: Genome Informatics
Reports To: Manager, Web Development
Salary: Commensurate with level of experience
Hours: 35 hours/week
Status: Full-time, Permanent
The successful candidate is expected to:
• Perform intelligent organization and design analyses to new situations, creating outstanding design concepts, implementing look and feel, and visually interpreting problems and achieve UX design objectives within aesthetics, usability, and usefulness and predict user behavior with increasing accuracy.
• Problem-solve in collaboration with your talents to visualize the problem – get inspiration from many sources, engage to get credible answers (content and information), propose design analysis to solve UI problems (user personas, storyboards, design composition, wireframes, visual composition of branded mockups , language and information flow with sitemaps, storyboards, and customer-journey maps)
• Create and produce high-quality, browser-compatible visual page designs for multiple device resolutions, and while fully-integrated in our Agile teams, monitor and improve production quality within pages built, day-to-day operations and interpret team reviews to help create awesome features (visual designs and high-value features).
• Work within our Agile/Lean Team, to manage priorities, to meet and exceeds project timelines, and to produce superior team objectives within quality and meaningful user experience goals while supporting team effectiveness and adding to our supportive processes.
The successful candidate can also:
• Perform detailed analysis with multiple user audience specifications, and provide reason and explanation to complex ideas and design analysis to internal and external partners and leaders alike.
• Create new content with UX design analysis, and provide effective collaboration to communication, user engagements and product goals. Acting as a positive example to peers and students.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Visual Communications or similar.
• 3+ year(s) of web design experience, 2+ year(s) of UI/UX design experience.
• 2+ year(s) of writing experience, which may include web, technical, scientific and lay audiences.
• Knowledge and experience with industry best practices (NNG, UCD), design analysis (user personas, storyboards), design composition (wireframes, mockups), language and information flow (sitemaps, storyboards, customer-journey maps).
• Knowledge and experience with Responsive Web Designs, working on different mobile devices including designing, writing, building for the web, for mobile and different resolutions.
•Knowledge and experience with Print Content Designs, Web Content Page Designs, and Software Product Designs.
• Experience and proficiency with Content Design Patterns, UI Design Patterns.
• Proficient skill with Adobe Creative Suite Tools, and handy skills with HTML, CSS, and Bootstrap implementations.
• Nice-to-have working experience with InvisionApp, Google Documents, Slack and Jira.