- Laval University
- Quebec, QC, Canada
- Job Type:
- Staff (24 months)
- Degree Level Required:
- Apply Now
The development of a method of cytogenomics and molecular genetics by a genome sequencing approach. This research project will be carried out over a period of 2 years, the purpose of which is to develop a test for the detection of balanced and non-balanced chromosomal abnormalities Balanced more effective. Results will improve test resolution Currently used cytogenetics, precision, cost-effectiveness and integration into genomic medicine.
More specifically, the person will perform the following tasks:
- Assist the research professional and the researcher in the organization of work, the development and execution of research protocols, as well as any other task related to proper functioning of the laboratory;
- Supervise laboratory and team work;
- Ensure compliance of the regulatory framework for the Accreditation Body laboratories and good practices thereof;
- Contribute to the writing of scientific articles, as well as the analysis and interpretation of search results;
- Prepare research protocols and refine existing research tools;
- Act as the person in charge of setting up and administering collection tools data; Perform other related duties.
- Have a postgraduate degree and significant experience;
- Demonstrate strong scientific skills
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge and experience in the field of research described;
- Proficient in English and French both in writing and orally;
- Possess skills with the NGS system and SAMtouls, Bedtools and Picard tools;
- Demonstrate professionalism, organizational skills, diligence and rigor as well as good interpersonal communication.
How to Apply
Please send your most up-to-date CV/resume and cover letter