- University of Victoria - GBC Proteomics Centre
- Victoria, BC, Canada
- Job Type:
- Degree Level Required:
- Apply Now
The UVic-Genome BC Proteomics Centre (PC) is the central hub of the Pan-Canadian Proteomics Centre, Genome Canada’s Genomics Technology Platforms for proteomics technology development and service. In addition, the PC is a founding member of The Metabolomics Innovation Centre (TMIC), Canada’s leading metabolomics facility, focused on quantitative metabolomics. The Centre has been providing mass spectrometry analytical services to a wide variety of academic, industrial, and government laboratories since 1982, making us the longest operating protein and metabolomics core facility in Canada. The PC’s technology development program supports ongoing research and application of novel methods in the areas of biomarker identification and characterization, structural proteomics, quantitative proteomics and metabolomics, and bioinformatics. We house over $15 million in state-of-the art mass spectrometry instruments, which are supported by a team of more than 30 dedicated researchers and technicians.
A scientific programmer position to support our bioinformatics efforts on targeted quantitative proteogenomics is available at our Centre. Targeted quantitative proteogenomics is a new emerging filed, in which genomics and proteomics data are integrated to design targeted assays. The successful candidate will work in an interdisciplinary environment with experienced biochemists, chemists and computer scientists. The focus of the position is advancing the design of targeted proteogenomics analyses using liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry experiments. He or she will work in a team and help developing algorithms and software programs for proteomics and metabolomics data analysis and integration.
• Background in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Medical Informatics or related field (minimum BSc or diploma required).
• Experience in one or more common programming languages like R, Python and Java
• Experience in software engineering, parallel computing, SQL DB, HTML5 is a plus.
• Background in everyday administration of Windows and Linux servers is a plus.
• Familiarity with computational proteomics and genomics approaches is a plus.