Lead Software Quality Engineer
- Redwood City, California, United States
- Job Type:
- Staff (Functional Area: Software Development Location: Employment Type: Regular Full-Time Location: Duration: unlimited )
- Degree Level Required:
- Apply Now
Lead Software Quality Engineer
You must lead, observe and constructively work towards improving the overall product quality, testing and risk management process. You will work closely with QA, developers, product management, customer service and other internal groups to proactively seek product information, develop in depth test plans, derive practical use cases, and author appropriate test cases. You will also perform functional black box testing as well as white box and test automation where applicable, develop and maintain the automation framework. This position is full time.
- Lead and drive the following processes: feature scoping/estimates, evaluation of resources, distribution of feature ownership, creation and review of test plans, bug review meetings; provide status and risk items at scrum of scrum meetings; responsible for release readiness.
- Develop test automation scripts using Java based automation tools (Selenium, Silk4J, FitNesse, TestNg, etc).
- Develop and/or maintain test harness for GUI (Wed Based and Java based standalone application) and back-end automation.
- Interpret requirements and specifications to develop test plans, test cases and test documentation.
- Conduct functional-level testing including both GUI and back-end tests.
- As an individual contributor, hands-on involvement in all areas of Quality Assurance: processes, test plan and test case creation, bug tracking life cycle, and functional testing.
- Involvement with Agile iterative software development process - test-driven development, continuous integration testing, rapid automation to efficiently build the best industry software.
- Think from a customer perspective, and creatively solve real user problems.
- Make recommendations for QA process, best practices and other implementation according to business goals.
- Recommend and implement enhancements to our automated testing framework.
- Coordinate and lead efforts for cross functional testing and/or integration tasks on a project basi
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience in both white and black box testing, performance/load testing web apps.
- Proficiency with Java or other object-oriented programming languages.
- Proficiency in automation with Silk4J, WebDriver (Selenium 2), experience with test framework design and its implementation.
- Proficiency in Unix and Windows operating systems.
- Experience with testing web-based and java-based standalone applications.
- Experience developing test plans, designing, implementing, executing and analyzing test cases, writing bug reports, and assessing risk.
- Familiarity with SQL and database design, with version control software like CVS or Subversion.
- Familiarity with defect-tracking software and processes.
- Clear, strong understanding and practice of good software QA methodologies .
- Scripting experience with Perl or Python (optional).
- Experience in test automation using Selenium, Silk4J, TestNG, FitNesse, Sikuli, AutoIt, working experience with SVG, Flash/Flex, JSON and XML objects.
- Experience with multi-tiered web technologies including web servers and application servers.
- 5+ years experience in software testing.
- 3+ years experience in test automation.
- 1+ years experience in molecular biology research.
- 3+ years experience in bio tech.
- B.S /M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
B.S./M.S. in Molecular Biology. Personal Requirements
Excellent verbal and written communication, time management, organizational and multitasking skills. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
How to Apply
Please apply here: https://careers.peopleclick.com/careerscp/client_qiagen/external/jobDetails.do?functionName=getJobDetail&jobPostId=16679&localeCode=en-us