- 5 Prime Sciences
- Montreal, QC, Canada
- Job Type:
- Programmer/Developer (Full-time)
- Degree Level Required:
- Bachelor's, Masters
- Apply Now
5 Prime Sciences is seeking a Junior Bioinformatician to assist in the development of analytic workflows, unit testing, and data management. The successful candidate will work with a team of bioinformaticians and statistical geneticists at 5 Prime Sciences to develop workflows that identify novel drug targets and validate them, for our partners in the biotechnology industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write unit-tests for analytical pipelines in R.
- Test run and debug Cromwell workflows using Terra.Bio.
- Run production workflows using Terra.bio and other analyses using Google Cloud Platform.
- Perform data retrieval and management using Google Cloud Platform.
- Ensure that data is managed securely and efficiently without loss or corruption.
The candidate will be required to execute these duties and responsibilities with little supervision.
- BSc/MSc with significant Bioinformatics experience is required.
- Experience in running software in a Linux or UNIX-like environment including shell scripting and common command-line tools is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in R (1+ years) is required.
- Expertise in using the testthat R package to write unit tests.
- Working familiarity with Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience using Git and GitHub for version control.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Please note - we recognize that not all candidates may meet the entire Profile listing above. We’re eager to train the right candidates for this role and encourage those who meet at least two thirds of the criteria to apply.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please email your CV and/or resume.