Associate Staff Software Engineer
- Redwood City , California, United States
- Job Type:
- Staff (Functional Area: Software Development Location: Employment Type: Regular Full-Time Location: Duration: unlimited Location)
- Degree Level Required:
- Bachelor's, Masters
- Apply Now
Associate Staff Software Engineer
In this position you will work on maintaining a rich suite of software for knowledge acquisition, knowledge modeling, knowledge consistency, and knowledge workflow. You will work with the team in building the next generation of highly modernized flexible suite of the software and extending its capabilities.
- Design and implement the Ingenuity development (knowledge) platform and distributed web applications using J2EE, Spring Framework, XML, Web Services, JMS, Servlets, JSP, and Hibernate.
- Design and implement Knowledge-Base persistence, Knowledge-Base server crash recovery, integration with external databases and other data sources, Knowledge-Base version management, logging and querying of Knowledge-Base concepts and edits, resolving concept references across Component Knowledge-Bases, etc.
- Design and implement easy-to-use, high-performance, high-quality, hosted and enterprise web-applications.
- Design and implement development platform and complex applications with limited or no direct supervision.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong object-oriented analysis and design skills.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with physical and logical database design.
- Understands advanced relational database concepts.
- Knowledge of Scrum and XP methodologies.
- Apt learner of any new software technologies and can research a variety of third party solutions which might fit problems on hand.
- Visual design skills for web page design and layout a plus.
- Knowledge of database theory.
- Strong background in data structures and algorithms.
- 4+ years experience in OO analysis, design, and implementation.
- 2+ years experience with at least one relational database management system.
- Experience in interfacing with databases from Java (Hibernate / Java Persistence API, etc.).
- 4+ years experience in industry-standard software development methodologies, e.g. use case-driven and test-driven iterative software. development methodologies (RUP, XP)
- 2+ years experience in XML technologies (Xerces, Xalan, XSLT, Xpath) and concepts (DOM & SAX).
- 4+ years experience in debugging, code-reviewing, code-refactoring, performance tuning.
- 4+ years experience with a variety of OSs such as Windows, Solaris and Linux.
- Experience developing Web Services and REST-based communication interfaces a plus.
- Specific familiarity with JUnit.
Specific familiarity with JQuery is a plus. Personal Requirements
- Good communication and personal skills: ability to interact and work well with members of other functional groups in a project team and a strong sense of project ownership. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
How to Apply
Please apply here: https://careers.peopleclick.com/careerscp/client_qiagen/external/jobDetails.do?functionName=getJobDetail&jobPostId=17511&localeCode=en-us