- Sepset Biosciences Inc.
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Job Type:
- Degree Level Required:
- Apply Now
We are seeking a bioinformatics researcher to lead a research project to further develop and analyze diagnostics markers that predict, at first clinical presentation, sepsis endotypes and severe Covid mediated sepsis and disease severity. This project was developed by the Hancock lab (www.hancocklab.com) and is based on analysis of omics outputs from large multi-national clinical RNA-Seq studies in sepsis and severe Covid disease. Sepset (http://www.sepset.ca/) has recently completed a financing that will enable it to commercialize its patented technologies.
Use computational approaches to analyze large omcis datasets and develop diagnostic markers that predict sepsis endotypes, and severe Covid mediated sepsis and disease severity.
- PhD degree in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology or equivalent
- At least 4 years experience in bioinformatics research
- Knowledge and experience with computational methods, tools and resources to analyze large sequencing and omics datasets (predominately RNA-Seq)
- Experience in working in Linux/UNIX system environment
- Experience in scripting and data analysis using R or Python (other programming languages considered an asset)
- Experience with machine learning and statistical techniques to analyze omic data
- Familiarity with web application development and cloud computational platforms is considered an asset
- Proven ability to multi-task and work independently
- Effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please email you CV to firstname.lastname@example.org