- University of British Columbia
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Job Type:
- Degree Level Required:
- Apply Now
Conduct bioinformatics data analysis and software development projects in a highly interdisciplinary, dynamic and team-based environment. Participation in a range of projects will be expected, with much opportunity to learn new skills and contribute to research on the genetics and genomics of human psychiatric and neurological conditions (including autism, schizophrenia and fetal alcohol spectrum disorder).
We anticipate this position will involve a mix of data analysis and software development, with proportions depending on experience, skills and interests of the candidate as well as needs. Particular anticipated roles:
- Conducts and supports bioinformatics and statistical analyses and interpretation of DNA and RNA sequencing data in internal and collaborative research projects using appropriate software tools and custom programs and scripts.
- Documents and communicates analysis results in written and oral form.
- Modifies, tests and maintains small modules of web-based bioinformatics software and applications.
- Modifies, tests and maintains software pipelines and standard operating procedures for bioinformatics data analysis.
- Creates and maintains developer documentation. Interacts with other team members to resolve problems, distribute tasks and plan future steps; contributes to team interactions by consultation, collaboration, teamwork and task-sharing.