- Montreal, QC, Canada
- Job Type:
- Degree Level Required:
- Bachelor's, Masters
- Apply Now
Under the authority of the person in charge of the bioinformatics platform, the Bioinformatician takes care of software development collaborations and analysis of bioinformatic results with the research units and platforms of the Institute and the scientific community. They may also be involved in developing the platform’s software infrastructure and implementing learning materials for the community.
• Analyze experimental data in the field of biology using recognized or tailor-made techniques to meet the specific needs of research laboratories;
• Ensure the quality of experimental data and analysis results, identify potential technical problems, develop and implement corrections as needed;
• Establish optimal and appropriate data analysis methods for a given biological problem;
• Design algorithms and software for analysis and interpretation of adapted experimental data;
• Interpret the results of the bioinformatic analyzes and transmit the conclusions to the clients of the academic or industrial field;
• Develop LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System) -based scientific applications and databases used for the storage, consultation and visualization of experimental results and biological material;
• To guide researchers in the experimental design and application of bioinformatic analysis methods appropriate to their problems;
• Participate in writing portions of scientific articles, disseminating results and writing requests for funding from collaborators.
• University Master’s degree in an appropriate field of specialization or a first cycle undergraduate degree in an appropriate field of specialization and two (2) years of experience relevant to the research project. Specialized skills or expertise may be required.
• Experience in data analysis, particularly with respect to genomics and New Generation sequencing;
• Excellent command of programming concepts and fluency in different languages, especially Python and C / C ++;
• Intermediate knowledge of statistical analysis tools (R and Bioconductor) and machine learning concepts;
• Excellent mastery of analytical methods and software specific to bioinformatics and massively parallel processing;
• Demonstrate scientific creativity and innovation applied to discovery;
• Knowledge of experimental biological techniques requiring bioinformatic input.