- The Hospital for Sick Children
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Job Type:
- Degree Level Required:
- Bachelor's, Masters
- Apply Now
Do you want to contribute to cutting-edge research in bioinformatics and computational medicine?
Are you interested in precision medicine, clinical genomics, solving rare diseases and integrating multiple Omics technologies?
Do you enjoy a casual work environment where learning and development are encouraged?
Are you interested in learning and applying new technologies?
If so, the Centre for Computational Medicine, a core facility within the world renowned Hospital for Sick Children Research Institute is interested in hiring you.
Here’s What You’ll Get To Do:
- Analysis of large sequencing data sets for variant discovery/prioritization.
- Developing and maintaining existing pipelines and Identifying and testing new tools
- Systematic exploration of high-dimensional data to identify issues of practical or theoretical importance using mathematical/computational approaches
- Integrative analysis from multi-data types generated internally as well as use of publically available datasets.
- Familiarity with HPC environments and how to run applications in HPC clusters is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in Linux and writing scripts in Bash is essential
- Should be comfortable working and managing database software: MySQL, PostgresSQL and others.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- B. Sc or M. Sc in Computer Science, Bioinformatics or Biology with a background in bioinformatics or a related field.
- Experience developing and implementing algorithms for the processing of large genomics and biomedical data sets. Experience with RNA-seq a plus.
- Background in biology, genetics, and statistics, to understand the scientific requirements of the applications to be developed.
- Proficiency in Python and experience using R
- Experience testing and developing bioinformatics tools and pipelines
Employment Type: 1 year contract (full time) with a possibility of extension
A complete application should include a statement of interest, a CV, and the names of 2 references. Once the suitable candidate is identified, the position will commence immediately upon completion of the necessary paperwork. The position will remain open until filled.