- Genome Sciences Centre
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Job Type:
- Degree Level Required:
- Apply Now
The position is within Dr. Jones group therefore successful candidate will have the opportunity to get insights on Personalized OncoGenomics (POG) program and other precision medicine initiatives.
This requires a combination of interest in DNA technology and strong background in software development.
The successful candidate will have an undergraduate degree in computer science or software engineering.
- Front and/or back end development experience
- 2+ years experience in Python programming
- Previous REST API development projects
Bonus to have:
- Previous project on database access restriction or authorization tool knowledge
- RBAC experience
- Fluency in Golang
- Experience building rich queries using GraphQL or other data query language
Basic understanding of DNA technology or previous work experience with genetic data is a plus, but not required for the position. The position requires working with a wide variety of researchers, software developers and clinicians, thus excellent communication skills are essential.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please email your resume with cover letter.