- McGill Genome Innovation Center
- Montreal, QC, Canada
- Job Type:
- Degree Level Required:
- Apply Now
Under the direction of the Bioinformatics Manager, the Business Analyst will lead the efforts towards the definition and realization of a Secure Cloud platform for health data storage and analysis, with the ability to expand to other sensitive data types. The goal will be to design a framework that will support the operational needs and strategic needs for the Center and its various collaborators. This person will be responsible for the overall project needs requirements gathering from research groups that have special security needs, including security, and will lead the design specifications to meet those requirements. This person will work in collaboration with the Calcul Québec (CQ) team to define the cybersecurity requirements and follow best project management practices ensuring that all components evolve following established roadmaps. This person will also interact with partners at HPC4Health, the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC), Sainte-Justine Hospital, the Ontario Institute for Cancer Research (OICR), amongst others.
Primary responsibilities will include the following:
• Lead the gathering of the project requirements, including security and business requirements,
• Oversea all aspects of design and implementation of the Secure Cloud project in order to meet the client project requirements
• Follow appropriate and established project management methodology to gather and define project requirements including the development of project charters, plans, and schedules;
• Define and gather aids in the identification of staffing requirements;
• Liaise with various project teams and client organizations to ensure the effective planning, development and implementation of the Secure Cloud, including assuring the following of standard operating procedures; • Steward the management of project scope, schedule and budget, across the project lifecycle, tracking metrics for assessing progress; • Manage communications between the Secure Cloud project and the client organizations, as well as with any dependencies upon Calcul Quebec activities and developments; • Assess variances from the project plan and execution; • Develop and implement changes as necessary to ensure that the project remains within specified scope and is within time, cost and quality objectives; and keeps management aware of the situation.
Undergraduate in a related discipline. Three (3) years’ related experience Proven track record of initiating and completing successful information technology integration projects, with experience involving the health informatics sector strongly preferred; Strong organizational skills and ability to follow established project management practices; Demonstrated ability to conduct requirements gathering and analysis, propose solutions and follow up on the execution with the technical resources; Strong organizational abilities; Ability to write clear and well-organized project documents including requirements gathering, project plans, service level agreements and project status reports; Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities; Excellent organizational and customer relations skills; Demonstrated ability to lead and work in collaborative environments; Ability to facilitate team members to work effectively and achieve project outcomes; Ability to communicate effectively to all levels; Demonstrated attention to detail while also taking into consideration the overall view of the project. French and English- oral and written.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can submit their CV along with a cover letter describing their experience.