- Université de Sherbrooke
- Sherbrooke, QC, Canada
- Job Type:
- Degree Level Required:
- Apply Now
Under the direction of the Department of Biochemistry chair, Dr Xavier Roucou, and Dr Michelle Scott, the Bioinformatics Specialist will provide analyses services at the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences. The specialist will perform advanced bioinformatics and statistical analyses that facilitate genomics and proteomics data interpretation as well as contribute to the development and application of various analysis pipelines associated with proteogenomics approaches. Work will be done closely with Principal Investigators and trainees in the Department of Biochemistry.
• Provide a bioinformatics analysis service to meet the needs of Principal Investigators in the department of Biochemistry.
• Advise faculty members on available computer resources and tools, while providing support and training as needed.
• Meet with Principal Investigators, identify their analysis needs, analyze and interpret the results.
• Participate in the training of graduate students, including participation in graduate courses.
• Keep up-to-date technical and scientific skills through reading groups, group meetings and seminars.
• MSc or PhD degree in one of the following fields: bioinformatics, biochemistry, genomics, proteomics, computational biology, computer science, or bio-statistics, and have been the first author on at least one scientific article in an international journal with reading committee.
• Solid experience with Linux operating system, with the Git source code management tool and with the SQL language.
• Programming expertise and an excellent knowledge of Python and another language among the following: R, C ++. Open to learning new languages and concepts, such as Go.
• Expertise in parallel programming, particularly on Compute Canada platforms.
• Experience in genomic bioinformatics and statistical bioinformatics.
• Very good knowledge in at least two of the following three areas: evolutionary bioinformatics, structural bioinformatics and bioinformatics systems.
• Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
• Capacity to communicate in the French language would be an asset.
How to Apply
Email your CV and letter of motivation to Pr Xavier Roucou, chair, department of Biochemistry