- University of British Columbia
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Job Type:
- Degree Level Required:
- Apply Now
Conduct bioinformatics data analysis and software development projects in a highly interdisciplinary, dynamic and team-based environment. We anticipate this position will be a mix of data analysis and software development, with proportions depending on experience, skills and interests of the candidate as well as needs. Participation in a range of projects will be expected, in both supporting and more primary roles, with much opportunity to learn new skills and contribute to research directly and indirectly.
• Develops, implements and maintains small modules of web-based bioinformatics software and applications; responsibilities will involve multiple aspects of the system with a focus on end-user applications and web interfaces.
• Develops and maintains software pipelines and standard operating procedures for bioinformatics data analysis.
• Conducts and supports bioinformatics and statistical analyses and interpretation of DNA and RNA sequencing data in internal and collaborative research projects using appropriate software tools and custom programs and scripts.
• Creates and maintains developer documentation.
• Documents and communicates analysis results in written and oral form.
• Interacts with other team members to resolve problems, distribute tasks and plan future steps; contributes to team interactions by consultation, collaboration, teamwork and task-sharing.