- Deep Genomics
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Job Type:
- Degree Level Required:
- Apply Now
Deep Genomics is a Toronto based startup aiming to revolutionize genome-based therapeutics using machine learning. It was founded by a team of scientists from the University of Toronto and is led by Dr. Brendan Frey, a world-leading researcher in the area of machine learning and genome biology.
What we offer:
- Leading role in developing the future of genomic analysis and therapy
- Inspiring, creative, and fast-moving startup work environment in downtown Toronto
- Competitive compensation package
We are seeking a highly motivated bioinformatician with solid scripting skills to help with tasks like variant annotation, genomics data-set integration and other tasks.
The position will report directly to the Director of Molecular Genetics and will involve close interactions with other company members.
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science, Bioinformatics or related fields
- Understanding of basic concept of molecular biology and human genetics
- Solid knowledge of Python and Unix shell, some knowledge of R
Preferred but optional qualifications:
- Experience with (human) genomics data
- Familiarity with genetic variant annotation resources (e.g. RefSeq, Annovar, dbSNP, SIFT, UCSC genome browser * and tables)