Technical Business Analyst
- University of Chicago
- Chicago, Illinois, United States
- Job Type:
- Degree Level Required:
- Apply Now
Technical Business Analyst
As a Technical Business Analyst, you will lead from the group up as a communicator, liaison, and information source for the team. You will be a critical advisor for the agile development team, collaborating to deliver innovative analytics solutions to support the cancer research community.
Our work lies at the intersection of cutting edge research and production systems, both in terms of the advanced bioinformatics and the computer science principles being utilized. The data commons we are building offer some of the world’s largest collections of biomedical data for scientific research and discovery.
- Work with all stakeholders to define and document the use cases and product requirements that will determine the success of the solution.
- Translate product requirements into user stories and/or technical specifications.
- Develop and write clear user stories and technical tasks in JIRA.
- Provide other documentation as needed such as API specifications, process diagrams, and other models to clarify the desired solutions.
- Work with the team leads, collaboratively using JIRA, to help prioritize stories, tasks and their dependencies to ensure a smooth agile process.
- Provide input in test plans and participate in writing test cases, test execution and defect reporting to ensure that solutions implemented meet requirements and are both of high quality and operationally sustainable.
- Self-managed approach to effectively gather and communicate project expectations in a clear and concise fashion to multiple stakeholders.
- Timely escalation of any concerns, risks and issues pertaining to business analysis.
- Support Agile project management processes as needed.
- Participate in project meetings and provide insight as appropriate.
- Documenting and reporting to project leadership and senior management.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in progressive technical business analysis role
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Experience with writing technical specifications required, with a focus on full stack architecture, including REST APIs, SQL and noSQL data solutions and distributed infrastructure
- Experience with business analysis and quality assurance professional standards, business processes, workflows, methodologies and leading practices
- Experience leading business analysis activities while ensuring the traceability and optimum coverage of business requirements defined
- Experience working in a Linux command line environment
- Experience with cancer or human genomics
- Experience with bioinformatics