- Laval University
- Quebec, QC, Canada
- Job Type:
- Staff (Up tp 12 months)
- Degree Level Required:
- Masters, PhD
- Apply Now
The Proteomics Platform of the CHU de Québec Research Center invites application for a full-time (35h/week, 12 months, renewable) bioinformatician position . The Proteomics Platform is a highly specialized team that performs mass-spectrometry based protein analysis for a large variety of research projects. It is associated to the Computation Biology Laboratory, a very dynamic multidisciplinary team composed 10 graduate students and 6 research professionals working on bioinformatics projects.
The successful applicant will be specifically assigned to the support of the proteomics platform and to the research projects related to proteomics and multi-omics analysis. The chosen applicant will report to Dr Arnaud Droit, director of the computational biology laboratory and of the proteomics platform
- To participate to research projects related to proteomics or multi-omics
- To provide assistance to mass-spectrometrists regarding day-to-day data analysis.
- To perform bioinformatics analysis on proteomics data.
- To maintain, benchmark and troubleshoot the analytical pipelines of the proteomics platform and its infrastructure (linux and windows servers and workstations).
- To do software development (for the local LIMS and for the creation of custom analysis tools).
- To monitor bioinformatics development related to proteomics, to benchmark new tools and methods and to propose new analytical workflows.
- Experience in bioinformatics related to proteomics and/or mass spectrometry
- Experience in server administration (linux and windows).
- Mastery of the R language.