The McGill University and Génome Québec Innovation Centre is seeking a highly motivated individual to join the Bioinformatics team and contribute to various analysis pipelines associated with Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) instruments including but not limited to HiSeq2000, PacBio RS, Roche 454.
- To develop ad-hoc bioinformatics solutions for the analysis of complex genomic datasets;
- To contribute to problem-solving discussions;
- To develop and extend software tools and methods for the team and clients.
- MSc (or BSc with 3+ years of work experience) in computational biology, mathematics, computer sciences, statistics or molecular biology;
- Demonstrated computer skills (programming in Perl, Python, C++, Java, mySQL) are required;
- Previous experience in processing and analyzing NGS data, genome annotation or in developing sequence analysis pipelines;
- Familiarity with databases, Oracle and mySQL, and statistical computing programs, R and Matlab, would be useful.
- Ability to work independently, yet be a team player, in a multi-disciplinary environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
Compensation and terms of employment :
Flexible schedule, competitive salaries, generous social benefits package, stimulating working conditions that facilitate work/life balance.
Wage scale : 38 834 $ to 64 723 $
If you wish to submit your application for this position, please complete the application form on the Human Resources Portal at the following address :